👋🏻 Hey I'm Kristján.
- I use male pronouns (he).
- Originally I'm from Reykjavík, Iceland.
- I'm currently living in London, The United Kingdom.
- You can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check out my GitHub profile if you'd like.
- Once I wrote about how you can use emojis as favicons.
- I've spoken publicly a few times but I get super nervous speaking in front of people. My latest talk was at Web Components SF in August 2020.
- I don't use Twitter but I post "micro blog" style notes. You can also grab the RSS feed.
My latest note is:
Using the operating system fonts on a website instead of loading a web font is much more feasible in 2020 than in previous years since system fonts have gotten much better.
Loading system fonts instead of web fonts are preferable if possible for Web Performance since there is no network request required to get the font and the end-user will avoid a potential Flash Of Unstyled Text.